Bryce Homes is a small family owned business. Paul and Joanne Bryce have over twenty years experience in the building industry between them.
Paul started his career as a carpentry apprentice in 1987 with Queensland Master Builders. He then went on to do sub contracting carpentry work with various builders throughout the Brisbane area. Paul has a good knowledge and understanding of the costs and workings of building and is happy to work with you on this.
Joanne originally started off doing the book keeping part time while working outside of the industry full time until they branched off on their own and is now the full time administrative officer. She also does the colour selections for their spec homes.
In January 2002 Bryce Homes was registered and since then they have built up their business. They have many projects going mostly around the Pine Rivers area but also work outside this area. Both Paul and Joanne have lived in the Pine Rivers area for the past 20 years and currently reside in the area with their three children.
Bryce Homes specializes in new homes – building spec homes and contract homes. They also do renovations and extensions, concreting and structural landscaping including inground concrete pools. Choose from one of our plans or bring your own plans and/or ideas to us so we can custom design it for you. We are able to build on all types of blocks and can adapt plans to suit these.
We create liveable homes suitable to the Queensland lifestyle and weather.
Step by Step process
- Initial meeting: Paul and Joanne sit down with you and discuss with you your ideas and requirements, position of house etc.
- Sketch plans are then drawn up, these are then discussed with you along with the specifications and inclusions and price. Sometimes this may take a couple of meetings.
- We then get the plans drafted when everything is satisfactory.
- We then meet again to discuss the final plans and specifications and quote, then if all is okay we sign the contracts.
- If you need covenant approval for the project we then organise this.
- A soil test and slab and footing design is then requested.
- Then everything is sent to a private certifier for approval.
- When approval is done we then can start construction.
- During construction Paul is in constant contact with you with each stage and ensuring all parts of the project are done to a high standard.
- Before the final inspection our homes are professionally cleaned. When this is completed you are able to inspect the work and when both parties are happy the keys are then handed over along with relevant certificates etc.
Plans and inclusion
All our inclusions can be custom quoted to each job – these are a general specification that is used on spec homes.
- Design, engineering, council fees and insurance
- PC allowance of $1000 is allowed for site cut
- Engineered concrete slab and footings for "M" class allowed. No allowance for rock. $250 PC allowed for piers
- PC allowance for crane hire and concrete pump hire
- Homeguard Blue Termite Management System
- Concrete inground pools.
- Colorbond roof, fascia and gutter with anticon blanket
- Boral bricks
- bradnams aluminium powder coated windows and sliding glass doors (standard range colours) with grey glass tint to selected windows
- Security screens
- PC allowance for front door
- Colorbond panel lift garage door (2100 x 4800)
- Instant gas bosch 21E hotwater system
- 5200 litre inground concrete water tank plumbed to cold water washing machine and all toilets and one hose connection with a Davey submersible pump and rainbank.
- Concrete driveway and paths (to front door and around house)
- Monofold clothesline
- Spec homes come with turf and landscaping. We are able to cost this into your contract.
- Redicoat internal doors with satin chrome door furniture
- Built in wardrobes with vinyl sliding doors
- 75mm cornice with 10mm plasterboard to all walls except wet area. 6mm recessed edge to wet area
- 3 coat paint system to interior walls
- Carpet to bedrooms and living, $25m² PC allowed
- Tiles to rest of house $25m² PC allowed for main and $30m² for wet areas
- Kitchen has laminated bench tops and cupboards – we can also quote for custom design Kitchens eg granite or stone benches etc.
- Nobel or Blanco range of whitegoods (can discuss)
- 1 ¾ bowl stainless steel sink with flick mixer in kitchen
- 1500mm acrylic bath
- 900mm vanity with full length mirror to vanity
- Aluminium framed shower screens
- Towel rail to each bathroom and toilet roll holder in each wc
- Taps for washing machine under bench
- 45 litre stainless steel in bench sink in laundry